FW: [IndustrialRailwaySociety] Queensland Floods

B.Rumary

The following was just posted on the Industrial Railway Society Yahoo
list. Does anyone know what the situation in Queensland is regarding
narrow gauge railway matters?

Brian Rumary, England

to: Industrial Railway Society
<IndustrialRailwaySociety@yahoogroups.com>
from: Bigrabbits <bigrabbits@yahoo.co.uk>
date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 00:33:36 +0000 (GMT)
subject: [IndustrialRailwaySociety] Queensland Floods
reply-to: IndustrialRailwaySociety@yahoogroups.com

Large areas of Queensland are currently flooded to unprecedented
levels.

This no doubt affects the sugar cane lines and railway preservation
sites there.

Bundaberg was listed on the news and they are arranging to evacuate
parts of Rockhampton.

Rockhampton will be known to many as the home of the Purrey Steam tram
but it is also the home of Lancashire ex-pat, IRS member and member of
this Group, John Browning.

John, we sincerely hope you are not affected by the floods and send our
Best Wishes for the New Year.

Graham, Terry and family.