Re: Norwegian Museum Railways ...

Frank Stamford

Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

With regard to the Oslo-Trondheim page, I am afraid the map is not a
mistake. It is the Oslo-Bergen map recycled with the names of Trondheim
and Dombås added. As I wanted to wind that project up before the year
ended I needed to take a short cut, though I am not very happy with it.

For the same reason there is no route map of the Old Voss Railway or the
Krøderen railway, though the Old Voss Railway, especially, needs one.
Later this year I hope to start writing a book on Norwegian 3ft 6in
gauge railways, and that will need a lot of map work. As a spin-off of
that process I should be able to provide better maps on the website.

Any feedback on the need for corrections on the website is greatly
welcomed, and providing making the corrections is not too time consuming
I will happily do it.

By the way, I think the strange weight driven device in the waiting room
of Ilseng station at the Hamar Railway Museum is probably a clock, with
the clock-face on the other side of the wall in the station-master's office.

On 1/01/2011 6:55 PM, John Dennis wrote:

Excellent work Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

One minor correction. The Oslo-Trondheim page, with the views from the
moving train, has the Oslo-Bergen map.

John

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:42:48 -0000, "Frank"
<frank.stamford@bigpond.com <mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>> wrote:

Hello all,

Over the past week I have escaped from LRRSA matters and have been
processing the photographs I took in Norway in July-August.
John Dennis jdennis@optusnet.com.au <mailto:jdennis%40optusnet.com.au>
Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html