Re: 50 years of LRRSA

Roderick Smith

I jumped sequence to put up four photos of the 1975 LRRSA tour which included Lune River & Ida Bay, as this may tempt more to join the coming February tour.
GT13: me
GT16: I can't pick any.
GT18: Arthur Straffen in the grey sports jacket, and probably Graeme Inglis (with beard) beside him.
GT21: I can't pick any.

Fri.13.6.75: We flew into Devonport in the evening, and stayed at Formby Hotel.
Sat.14: Devonport, Don, Burnie, Tullah, Williamsford. I can't recall our accommodation, but it must have been Zeehan.
Sun.15: Zeehan museum and alignments, Queenstown, North Mt Lyell, on to Hobart. We stayed in a nice art-deco hotel, the name of which escapes me.
Mon.16: Lune River, Hobart roundhouse, TTM at Glenorchy. I am not sure if we flew home from Hobart, or if we had to return to Devonport.

This project is now on hold for a week.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor