Poverty Point bridge (Walhalla)

Roderick Smith

AFAIK, the bridge had lost some/all of the timber decking.
On my 1970 and 74 hikes, before it was part of the hiking trail, I located the bridge, but didn't cross on the girders.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

From Wed.22.12.10 Melbourne 'Herald Sun'

Bridge to a golden era reopens
The Walhalla tramway bridge has reopened after the repair of damage caused by the Black Saturday bushfires. Also known as the Old Steel or Poverty Point Bridge, the 50m span, 15m above the Thomson River, was built 110 years ago for the tramway supplying timber to Walhalla during the gold mining era These days it is surrounded by Baw Baw National Park, and serves to remind bushwalkers hiking the 650km Australian Alps Walking track from Walhalla to Canberra, of Gippsland's rich goldmining history.