Re: Fifty years of LRRSA - events and activities - Revision 2

Roderick Smith

Today's episode: three photos aboard Ballarat 37.
Given the sequencing, they must have been of the VLRRS portion, but the only VLRRS passenger whom I can recogise is John Prideaux (photo 35, standing, with tie). IIRC, John was treasurer at the time. I wasn't treasurer until later.
The quartet seated in the centre saloon were ARE types: Wayne Mills, Greg Dixon and Chris Dack; the obscured one just has to be Peter Clayton.
Perhaps the cooperation extended not only to sharing trams, but sharing passengers because ARE had too many bookings?

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor