Re: Fifty years of LRRSA - events and activities - Revision 2

Roderick Smith

I have now scanned the last three people photos from the 'Bump in a bus' day, and placed them in my Roderick Smith album in the group's photos section. I can't identify the people. Clothing can be a clue, but the tones and similar nature of clothing being worn are not helping.
I am not going back to the Rubicon day to scan any more, as I didn't take many, and they are not people photos. As at midyear, I had only one camera, and it had expensive colour slides in it. By the end of the year, I had bought a second camera, and usually ran one with colour, and one with b&w.

I may have some of the 3.3.68 Ballarat tour. That was a Vintage Train to Ballarat, and there were LRRSA and ARE charters, and probably ones by VT itself to take passengers to the gardens. For the first time, fire-danger bans resulted in the train being diesel hauled instead of steam hauled. I was there on my motorcycle, and was continuing further west.

I missed the hike (Easter?), and I believe that I missed the Whistlestop inspection: I went privately, on a different occasion.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor