Re: Fifty years of LRRSA - events and activities - Revision 2

Roderick Smith

I am having an after-lunch coffee, so I have uploaded the next few while I am sipping.

I scanned one more of Rubicon, but have cropped rather than shrunk, in a vain effort to identify the participants. The front left could be Ian Stanley.

13 at Powelltown; I can't guess the photographer in view.
14 at Powelltown; I can't guess the foreground member; but John Withers's moustache is distinctive in the medium distance.
15a at Powellton, looking for recently-tipped bogies and other items which had been intact only a few months earlier when Frank had visited.
Eight participants: John Prideaux, Trevor Penn?, ?, John Withers, ?, ?, ? (obscured at rear), ?

The changeover from electric to diesel was to be 30.6.93 last to 1.7.94 first, but electric operation lingered through July and into August.
Electric still in use as at 19.8.
Diesel in use by Sun.5.9.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor