Re: Fifty years of LRRSA - events and activities - Revision 1

Roderick Smith

I can find only one Bogong tour listed: my memory is that there were at least three. Aha: that is Wombat Woodline & Water Race.
Wombat being the railway at Leneva, not Wombat State Forest.

The Lysterfield morning is missing.

The Cheetham day also took in Belmont Common Railway.

I should be able to find the Yallourn cessation date, but not in a few minutes.

There are references to the Ada Valley reports, but not to the tour in mostly 4wd vehicles, including Alan's Unimog. I was in the only 2wd (a Mini Moke, driven by Arthur). We got through nearly the whole course, then wallowed into the mud in one dip. It took two Landrovers coupled to drag us out. IIRC one of them belonged to John Withers.

I will workshop a few photos through the photos section, as time permits.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor