Re: Fifty years of LRRSA - events and activities

Frank Stamford

Hello Rod,

Thanks for that.

I cannot help with the GGGs, hopefully others can.

Thanks for the information on the June 1975 Tasmanian trip, that was a significant omission.

At 07:03 AM 15/12/2010, you wrote:

I am trying to unscramble the Grand Gippsland Gallivants.

One of them took in Port Welshpool, Port Albert?
One of them took in Wonthaggi & Kilcunda (or was that the return from Port Albert?)

One of them was based at Lakes Entrance, with charter ferry up North Arm to Mississippi Creek, and to an island; then we walked the tramway next day.

On trip missing: Queens Birthday 1975.
Friday night: fly into Devonport, overnight in Formby Hotel.
Saturday: Two? hired cars to Hobart & Ida Bay, including a ride. Overnight in a Hobart hotel.
Sunday: to Zeehan, and inspect remains, also Williamsford.
Monday: to Devonport and home.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor