Timbertown Wauchope

John Browning

It appears that the new operators of Timbertown have been active in ensuring
that 2ft gauge operations resume soon.

The resumption date is fixed for 15 December.

Apparently they are looking for volunteer involvement, or maybe you would
just like to ride on the first train:

We only ask all volunteers to register their interest or intentions in
coming in 24 hours prior so we can organise ourselves and prepare meal
vouchers, etc.

Many tasks required to complete the railway will be carried out undercover
for obvious reasons. All volunteers are required to sign in and out not only
for insurance reasons but also for our annual reward program.

Finally as part of the re-launch we will run the railway on the 15th of
December to pre booked ticket holders. The railway will operate as a
independent part of the park as a not-for-profit organisation. The very
first run will be limited to 70 persons with some very special guests
invited, everyone will receive a limited edition bottle of port celebrating
the occasion, canapés, food, beer, wine and of course champagne and live
music, entertainment and the list goes on with of course the once in a
lifetime opportunity to take part.

Starting time will be 2.00pm. Train departs at 3.01 pm with the celebrations
concluding at 4.00pm. Very well priced at only $95.00 per person with ALL
PROFIT to be returned to the railway and future work including our planned
2011 ground up restoration of our Hudswell Clarke locomotive.

Public running will commence on Thursday the 16th December..

Huge thank you in advance, park custodians

David & Alison Waite

And here is the announcement about the resumption of operations:

Timbertown - Back on Track!!!!!!

Good evening all. Welcome to all those new subscribers to our November
update.

Very very exciting times ahead in just a few more weeks as we put together
the biggest re-launch in the park’s history, and now I will let all
subscribers in on the big news..................

December 15th 3.01 pm will be the official re-launch of the

TIMBERTOWN HERITAGE RAILWAY

and it has been a long time coming, nearly two years believe it or not, and
the smiles in the park keep getting bigger and bigger!

So far enormous effort has been put in by our staff and volunteers with many
outsiders suggesting we would never have our famous railway running again we
are about to prove them all wrong.

Our fowler locomotive is being lovingly put back together getting a fresh
coat of paint. All machining has been done with lots of painting about to
take place as soon as the rain finds someone else to annoy. The park has
seen some big changes already in the past 5 months since our arrival
starting with a complete new 7¼ inch railway achieved in just 8 days.

WE ARE CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS TO ACTION. INTERESTED PERSONS CAN ENJOY
WORKING IN THE WORLDS BEST ENVIROMENT IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS. Railway
operations, gardening, landcare, steam sawmill operations, customer
interaction, animals, heavy horses, model engineering and miniature railway
running and many other areas including restoration and running of our
extensive collection of early oil engines. Learn new skills, meet new
people, enjoy a lovely lunch and have FUN.

John

logo

John Browning

PO Box 99