From: Mark Kendrick
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Kiama tramway

Hi Richard, all,
The standard gauge higher up in the quarry wouldn't have been for a
rail mounted steam navvy, would it? In the Terralong Tracks book there
is a photo of a tracked steam navvy simply credited as being at Kiama.
The same book has views of the Pikes Hill quarry, with 2' gauge lines
running to the upper level of the quarry, though no steam navvies are
visible in the photos of the quarry itself. A diagram shows extensive 2'
gauge access to the quarry face, including wagon turntables, so would
likely have been animal or hand worked at that level.
-Mark