From: Mark Kendrick <trainbrain@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Kiama tramway
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Wednesday, 17 November, 2010, 10:28

Hi,

Just further to the original query, in case this detail was missed,

there was more than one tramway in the Kiama area. Aside from the well

known ~2' gauge tram, one was standard gauge between another quarry and

wharf and used an ex NSWGT steam tram motor, perhaps others. What gauge

was used at Avon Dam?

Cheers,

Mark K

On 13/11/2010 4:16 PM, Neville Conder wrote:

Afternoon all
Been visiting the local museum in Kiama today and have a query.
It had a list of locomotives that worked on the tramway and the time they were there. A interesting one was as follows: 1927, Gibson Battle, petrol electric Ex Avon Dam, built in April 1921.
I thought I knew a lot about the tramway but this a new one for me. Does anyone have any information on this loco. Did it actual work on the tramway.
Any information would be appreciated.
Neville