Re: Kiama tramway

bjr2105

Neville,

Gibson Battle were a well known general machinery merchant and I remember their catalogue was a very well used document in the Babcock & Wilcox drawing office where I worked many years ago.

Have you tried searching on the NLA website? There are more than 10,000 entries for Gibson Battle there. Try the following weblink:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q= <http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q=&;exactPhrase=gibson+battle&anyWords=&notWords=&l-textSearchScope=*ignore*%7C*ignore*&fromdd=&frommm=&fromyyyy=&todd=&tomm=&toyyyy=&l-word=*ignore*%7C*ignore*&sortby> &exactPhrase=gibson+battle&anyWords=&notWords=&l-textSearchScope=*ignore*%7C*ignore*&fromdd=&frommm=&fromyyyy=&todd=&tomm=&toyyyy=&l-word=*ignore*%7C*ignore*&sortby=

or, if that’s too hard to copy and paste, try the abbreviated version that takes you to exactly the same place:

http://tinyurl.com/35g2fkx

Happy hunting…!

Bruce Rankin

From: Neville Conder <nconder@internode.on.net <mailto:nconder%40internode.on.net> >
Subject: [LRRSA] Kiama tramway
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au <mailto:LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au>
Cc: LocoShed@yahoogroups.com <mailto:LocoShed%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, 13 November, 2010, 5:16

Afternoon all

Been visiting the local museum in Kiama today and have a query.

It had a list of locomotives that worked on the tramway and the time they were there. A interesting one was as follows: 1927, Gibson Battle, petrol electric Ex Avon Dam, built in April 1921.

I thought I knew a lot about the tramway but this a new one for me. Does anyone have any information on this loco. Did it actual work on the tramway.

Any information would be appreciated.

Neville