From: John Browning <ceo8@iinet.net.au>
Subject: [LRRSA] First passenger trains - Porthmadog to Caernarfon
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010, 20:21

Not an Australian n.g. train but definitely worthy of notice is the latest

chapter in the Welsh Highland revival.

A short video and a newspaper article sum it up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Q05gVECAA

http://blogs.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/2010/10/al-qaeda-strikes-welsh-high

lan.html

Stil a few things to sort out - Portmadoc Harbour Station has to be rebuilt

and peace in our time has to be achieved with the Welsh Highland Heritage

mob on the other side of town.

Hopefully the next couple of years will see regular services throughout the

whole length of the line as well as Welsh Highland Heritage Trains operating

on a frequent basis.

Apologies to all who may be offended by the sight of Welsh narrow gauge on

this group.

John

logo

John Browning