Re: Ida Bay Railway

A C Lynn Zelmer

Thanks Frank

I'd certainly agree that there's been very mixed success... while I understand that the roads have been improved somewhat since my visit, I assume that getting there has always been something of a problem. It's also far enough from Hobart that travel times would be longer than desirable for many potential volunteers. Too bad because it's such a delightful operation.

For readers who are not familiar with the operation: http://idabayrailway.com.au/

I've got a couple of photos on-line, including one of the Beck Rail Car that was there when I visited: http://www.zelmeroz.com/ngrail/ngrailway/idabay.htm
Suspect that I need to update the site with current information and more of my photos but at least the link to their web site still works.
:-)

Best wishes, Lynn

... and then entered
into agreements with various private parties to
operate it. Their success in doing this has been very mixed.
Lynn Zelmer
Box 1414, Rockhampton QLD 4700 Australia
http://www.zelmeroz.com