Re: Historical Acts of Parliment -railway construction

David in Avenel

I too am running Firefox with XP but only SP2. The same thing used to happen
in W2K. It seems to me that it maybe Adobe Acrobat that is causing the
problem and I do have a copy of Acrobat Reader 9 which surely should be OK.
Oh well back to the drawing board.

On 15 September 2010 14:05, Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@...>wrote:

Hello David,

The difficulty is that it is hard to diagnose a problem in someone
else's computer when that computer is remote.

My feeling is that there probably is some problem in the settings or
software on your computer, but I have no idea what it might be. You
have not mentioned what web browser you are using.

I have just tried the site in question, and it worked for me, in both
Firefox (my preferred web browser) and Internet Explorer. My PC is
now somewhat geriatric (its five years old!) running MS Windows XP
with Service Pack 3.

One thing that I did find unusual in the way the site worked, is that
the pdf opened in a new window inside the existing web page. I do not
remember seeing this on any other website.

It is unfortunate that so far no one else on this Yahoo Group seems
to have encountered the problem that you have, so no one has
experience in how to fix it.

At 12:00 PM 15/09/2010, you wrote:
10 days have passed and I have been using a newly loaded PC with XP Pro
and
it still doesn't work. I keep getting a message that says "file doesn't
begin with %PDF" so I doubt that it is my PC - 2 different programmes and
two different PCs. Nothing happens after that. Unfortunately a reply
saying
that it works for you is unhelpful in trying to get it to work for me.
Perhaps no-one else uses it here and thus no helpful reply.

On 10 September 2010 17:40, Eddie Oliver <eoliver@...<eoliver%40iprimus.com.au>>
wrote:

David Langley wrote:
I am having great trouble getting this website to work. I keep
getting to
the point of downloading a file and then it goes haywire. Things like
Adobe
says "does not start with a %pdf" or something. Nothing opens. If I
try
and
"save to" it saves it as a browser document and I then find that
freezes
my
PC. Anyone else having any success, obviously you are Scott but not
me.
I don't have any problems accessing it either with firefox at home or
with IE and chrome at work. It is a highly reputable and reliable site.

Hi All,

While looking for railway information on the web, I found the
following
web
site:
http://www.austlii.edu.au

--
cheers
David in Avenel.

------------------------------------

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA
publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways
and the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the
members of the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of
their authors and opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with
those of any LRRSA member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"
Yahoo!7 Groups Links

--
cheers
David in Avenel.