Re: Historical Acts of Parliment -railway construction

Frank Stamford

Hello David,

The difficulty is that it is hard to diagnose a problem in someone else's computer when that computer is remote.

My feeling is that there probably is some problem in the settings or software on your computer, but I have no idea what it might be. You have not mentioned what web browser you are using.

I have just tried the site in question, and it worked for me, in both Firefox (my preferred web browser) and Internet Explorer. My PC is now somewhat geriatric (its five years old!) running MS Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

One thing that I did find unusual in the way the site worked, is that the pdf opened in a new window inside the existing web page. I do not remember seeing this on any other website.

It is unfortunate that so far no one else on this Yahoo Group seems to have encountered the problem that you have, so no one has experience in how to fix it.

At 12:00 PM 15/09/2010, you wrote:
10 days have passed and I have been using a newly loaded PC with XP Pro and
it still doesn't work. I keep getting a message that says "file doesn't
begin with %PDF" so I doubt that it is my PC - 2 different programmes and
two different PCs. Nothing happens after that. Unfortunately a reply saying
that it works for you is unhelpful in trying to get it to work for me.
Perhaps no-one else uses it here and thus no helpful reply.

On 10 September 2010 17:40, Eddie Oliver <eoliver@...> wrote:

David Langley wrote:
I am having great trouble getting this website to work. I keep getting to
the point of downloading a file and then it goes haywire. Things like
Adobe
says "does not start with a %pdf" or something. Nothing opens. If I try
and
"save to" it saves it as a browser document and I then find that freezes
my
PC. Anyone else having any success, obviously you are Scott but not me.
I don't have any problems accessing it either with firefox at home or
with IE and chrome at work. It is a highly reputable and reliable site.

Hi All,

While looking for railway information on the web, I found the following
web
site:
http://www.austlii.edu.au

--
cheers
David in Avenel.

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"
Yahoo!7 Groups Links