From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
On Behalf Of chy_gwel_an_meneth
Sent: Friday, 10 September 2010 4:56 PM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: [LRRSA] Couillet 986/1889

Of possible interest to followers of ex-gasworks locomotives . . .

Société Anonyme Usines Métallurgiques du Hainaut (Couillet) 986/1889
made an appearance on "Spicks and Specks" on the ABC on Wednesday
night. The ex-West Melbourne gasworks loco was filmed c.1970 at Whistle
Stop at Frankston, and features Kamahl. Missed it?
Go to http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/635224 for 10 seconds of what
must be a couple of minutes' film from the ABC archives. (It's close to
the
start so you won't have to download many MB's).

It would seem to be a clone of The Seekers doing Morningtown Ride on
Puffing Billy as Kamahl sings the same song. (I think I'll stick with The
Seekers
version - Kamahl is no Judith Durham!)
Interestingly, it's the first really good quality film of the
Whistlestop railway
that I've seen although there must be other stuff around; it brought back
memories of the VLRRS tour to Whistlestop a long, long time ago . . .

cheers Phil Rickard