Re: Aerial Ropeway - Flying Fox.

Michael J

Dick Holland wrote:

Greetings.

I too have been a member of LRRSA for many years, however, only several days ago did I become aware of this group.

I believe a flying fox to be a cable suspended between two points only, with a load bearing device being suspended from a pulley that can be drawn to and fro.

An aerial ropeway is a continuous ropeway that is suspended from gantries and goes out on one cable and comes back on the other. Does this make sense?
Depending on what part of the world you are in, chairlift and gondola systems are often refered to as tramways or ropeways.

Michael