Re: Unknown industrial locos

Phil Rickard <chy_gwel_an_meneth@...>

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "John Browning" <ceo8@i...> wrote:

This photo is a gem.

Can anyone confirm that it is the Thiess logo displayed below the
bulder's plates.?

John

John Browning
Rockhampton

A State Electricity Commission photo on the Museum of Victoria
website shows two identical locomotives in the SECV Central
Metropolitan Store at Brooklyn – no date, but both looking very clean.
See: http://flyaqis.museum.vic.gov.au/paimages/mm/957/9577.htm

Re John 's query as to whether the colourful logo under the builders
plate is Theiss's logo – I suspect yes. Compare with National
Archives photo at -
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/PhotoSearchItemDetail.asp?
M=0&B=6849060

for similar loco at a Snowy Mountains work's site with a caption that
idicates it is a Theiss operation. Note logo on back of loco cab.
Looks the same to me – seems to be a map of Australia with something
upon it.

cheers Phil