Re: Malcolm Moore loco

John Browning

This loco is very sophisticated compared to a TACL. I'm wondering if
it is built under licence from a UK builder. It looks like a Ruston?
This isn't Ruston technology. Indeed the jackshaft driving onto the centre of
the connecting rod is not a very common feature.

Malcolm Moore bought in "power packs" for the 0-6-0DM mining locos for AI&S
from Drewry in the UK. I take this to mean engine and transmission. Something
similar may have happened with these, but I haven't any evidence. What I do
know is that the necessary components and materials were probably very hard to
obtain in a timely fashion in that time of post-war shortages.