Re: Marysville devastation

Bill Russell

G'day Mike and All,

I disagree with your suggestion for restoration.

I think cosmetic restoration (if such is possible) should be done at Marysville to
preserve the town's ownership of the relic.

YVTR appears to have no spare space in their workshop. (I was there on Tuesday.)
Apart from that they have enough to do with what they had planned apart from the fire
damage to their track.
Regards,
Bill Russell.

On 13 Feb 2009 at 0:15, wordsmith_mike wrote:

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "john browning" <ceo8@...> wrote:

I remember that a rare Days 0-6-0PM 3ft gauge loco has been on
display in
Marysville for many years.
If it is recoverable, maybe the Yarra Valley Tourist Railway could in
finding a space for restoration

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"
Yahoo!7 Groups Links