From: David Halfpenny (t) <tuppenced@...>
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Title Photo. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
To: LRRSA@...
Date: Friday, 13 February, 2009, 5:43 AM

From: "Rod Hutchinson" <r.hutchinson@ bom.gov.au>

Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 5:41 AM

To: <LRRSA@yahoogroups. com.au>

Brad,
Thanks for the photo. I think the photo is a great shot, but a bit too
agricultural. It is not capturing the essence of Light Railways.

But it is making us sit up and think!

"That's a railway? !"

And indeed it is.

The Germans still use the term Feldbahn - Field Railway, derived from muddy

battlefield and turnip railways.

Think Decauville too - portable track panels and horses, later tiny steam

locomotives.

David 1/2d

Share videos while chatting with your friends on messenger. Now you can with the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. http://ph.messenger.yahoo.com