From : Bill
Russell[mailto:bill.russell@optusnet.com.au]
Sent : 2/12/2009 11:55:31 AM
To : LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Cc :
Subject : RE: [LRRSA] Marysville devastation
>G'day All,

It may be difficult for a National Organisation to
offer to restore a local relic, but there
is nothing to stop a local group of members making an
offer to do so (with the blessing of the
LRRSA).

However the ractor would need to be inspected first,
it may be too badly burnt to
restore.

Assunming that the it can be restored the local
comminnity would also need to be
consulted, as I imagine they may not want outsiders
"stealing" one of their local icons. To
overcome this I think that any approach should be
done under the auspices of the LRRSA
with the promise that the restored loco would be
returned to the town.

Nancy and I often used to drive to Marysville for
afternoon tea. It was a magnificent
town.

If members are interested in forming such a group I
would be willing to co-ordinate
(and record) the members of the group.

Regards,

Bill Russell.

On 12 Feb 2009 at 9:11, Bill Hanks wrote:

John,

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts for the
horrendous losses
from the fires.

The apocalypse that occurred on Saturday will be a
haunting nightmare
for many years to come.

Indirectly this will affect all Australians, not
just those who have
perished, been injured or lost property.

It's not over yet.

Regards,

W.L. (Bill) Hanks

President LRRSA

PS: - The Days tractor at Marysville had crossed my
mind too, as well
the other relics in the bush, in particular the
pigsty trestle that was
a feature of a walk along 'The Trestle Track'.