From: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au] On
Behalf Of Stephen Percy Larcombe
Sent: Friday, 23 January 2009 11:31 PM
To: lrrsa@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: RE: [LRRSA] Re:Boiler - Robison Bros. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

The steam driven water pumps are still in thier original location. The
people that are rebuilding the dry dock for polly wood side would like
to put the pumps back into operation and run them on compressed air, but
the heritage people are hesitant about allowing this to happen.

Yours

Stephen

To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.auFrom: peter@peterevans.com.auDate: Fri, 23
Jan 2009 18:37:27 +1100Subject: [LRRSA] Re:Boiler - Robison Bros.
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Rod,I believe this was the boiler that provided steam to the pumps
that pumpedthe Duke & Orr dock dry once a ship was inside. I believe the
pumps havebeen preserved separately - perhaps at the Melbourne Steam
Traction EngineClub at Scoresby? It's a pity they weren't able to be
kept together. Oftenthe first reaction to a threat to an installation is
to remove whateverinterests the rescuer most. The better option is to
try and keep aninstallation intact in situ if at all possible. I'm not
aware of thecircumstances of the removal of the pumps so this is not
intended to be acriticism, just an observation.Cheers,PeterE.Peter
EvansProduction Management, Corporate Writing and Heritage Services0407
537 837www.peterevans.com.au <http://www.peterevans.com.au/>
peter@peterevans.com.auP please consider the environment before
printing.This electronic mail contains information that is privileged
andconfidential, intended only for use of the individual(s) or entity
named. Ifyou are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, copying
or use of theinformation is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmissionin error please delete it immediately from your system
and inform me byreturn email and destroy the original message[Non-text
portions of this message have been removed]

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA
publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and
the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of
the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and
opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA
member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"
Yahoo!7 Groups Links