Re: Boiler - Robison Bros. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Peter Evans

Hi Rod,

I believe this was the boiler that provided steam to the pumps that pumped
the Duke & Orr dock dry once a ship was inside. I believe the pumps have
been preserved separately - perhaps at the Melbourne Steam Traction Engine
Club at Scoresby? It's a pity they weren't able to be kept together. Often
the first reaction to a threat to an installation is to remove whatever
interests the rescuer most. The better option is to try and keep an
installation intact in situ if at all possible. I'm not aware of the
circumstances of the removal of the pumps so this is not intended to be a
criticism, just an observation.

Cheers,

PeterE.

Peter Evans

Production Management, Corporate Writing and Heritage Services

0407 537 837

www.peterevans.com.au <http://www.peterevans.com.au/>

peter@peterevans.com.au

P please consider the environment before printing.
This electronic mail contains information that is privileged and
confidential, intended only for use of the individual(s) or entity named. If
you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, copying or use of the
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error please delete it immediately from your system and inform me by
return email and destroy the original message