From: Iain Stuart
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:08 PM
Subject: [LRRSA] Barlow Rail at Sunny Corner, NSW

I have found what appear to be lots of Barlow rail at a mining site (c1884)
at Sunny Corner. None of it is "in situ" it mostly is used for structural
purposes in the tradition of using old rails for any purpose once they are
no longer used for rails.

This raises a few questions in my mind - was it likely that the Barlow rail
was used in the mines and then reused (personally it seems too big for mine
tramways).

How widely was Barlow rail used in NSW?

When was Barlow rail replaced by bullhead or normal rails?

Dr Iain Stuart

Partner

JCIS Consultants

ABN 15 673 291 522