Re: LRRSA Tours [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bill Russell

G'day All,

If the members of the NRMA (and the NMRA for that) want to attend
a LRRSA event why don't they suppoort the event and the LRRSA by joining
the LRRSA?.

It looks as if costs of this event are a minimum, so the LRRSA is not
using it as a fund raiser. It is not as if the cost of joining the LRRSA is huge,
compared to other information sharing events (conferences etc) the costs are
low.

The membership of the LRRSA appears to be aging, and this has
been mentioned in the latest mag. Perhaps we need to think before we give
away our goodies, they could be an inducement to attract younger members.

I am not against volunteer organisations doing goood for the public.
However such organisations need to consider their future. If the benefits of an
organisation are available to outsiders without any commitment from them,
then the organisations failure to thrive may be considered to have been self
inflicted.

Regards,

Bill Russell.

On 14 Oct 2008 at 9:12, Bill Hanks wrote:

G'day Rod,

You are absolutely correct. A tour of the Ovens region is planned for the weekend of the 15th and 16th of November.

I apologise for not having informed you and the NRMA of this earlier, but will ensure that you receive the flyer shortly.

Regards,

Bill Hanks.