Re: Early 3 ft 6 in gauge railways

Phil Rickard <chy_gwel_an_meneth@...>

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "john browning" <ceo8@...> wrote:

I wonder what progress has been made in making Australian newspapers
available?

John
Yes, that was also my question when I came across the Kiwi's most
useful web site for digitised newspapers. (National Library of NZ)

Checking with the National Library of Australia I came across this
site: http://www.nla.gov.au/ndp/ so we seem to be making some
real progress in this direction - maybe in the next year or so we'll
have something with which we can start trawling. (and who knows, if
everyone who reads this, wrote to Mr Rudd requesting more funding for
the NLA's project, it might happen sooner!)

But for the present, one can often find Australian and foreign items,
reprinted in NZ papers - but as with all such items, double check with
other sources.

cheers Phil