Re: Little Yarra

Frank Stamford

Hello David,

Yes Brian is aware of the articles and drawings in the April "Narrow
Gauge Downunder" and "Light Railways". He actually approached us for
information in January, and he probably wrote to "Narrow Gauge and
Short Lines Gazette" at the same time.

Changing "Little Yarra" to 2 ft 6 in gauge is quite a radical
divergence from the prototype I think. Baldwin would probably have
used outside frames for 2 ft 6in gauge, though my efforts to find
photographs of any of the three 2 ft 6 in gauge 6-14-C class locos
have so far proved fruitless.

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "David Halfpenny" <dh16mm@...> wrote:

I notice that there's a guy asking in NGSLG V34/2 for plans of
Little Yarra
so he can make an On30 commercial model to go with the Baldwin NA
that his
company already does.

Can I assume somebody has already fielded this one?

He's "Brain Chester" (sic - probably Brian)
Manager, Broad Gauge Models,
bgm@...

David 1/2d