on the Eyre Peninsula, nor it's time in Adelaide before moving to
Melbourne.

John

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:43:35 +1000, "Peter Knife"
<sar871@minnipa.au.com> wrote:

John,

Everything described fits perfectly with the loco being John Fowler 4668 (now at Mourilyan), apart from the "Australian built" bit. 4668 was stored in Melbourne for many years until being restored around 1976. Surely there can't be another with such a coincidental history?

Cheers,
Peter
----- Original Message -----
From: John Dennis
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Sent: 10 October, 2007 17:41
Subject: [LRRSA] Mystery Locomotive

Folks,

This was posted to the ausnarrowgauge group earlier today. The general
feeling is that Geoff is referring to the John Fowler patent drive
loco which is now at Mourilyan, but that does not fit with his memory
of the loco being "an Australian built Fowler". Does anybody else has
any candidates for the mystery loco?
John Dennis jdennis@optusnet.com.au
Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html