Re: LRRSA Web Site - Timber tramways - seeking volunteers

Professor Klyzlr <johnd@...>

Dear Frank,

as a "knock on" effect of this updating,

could each entry have a 5th column with a link to either

- the "back issues order form" with the nominated LR issue # ready to
go,

OR

(assumed to be for earlier issues which are no longer available in
print),
a link to the "order downloadable PDF version" page for the nominated
LR issue?

While the basic "search and describe" format of the current table is
great,

it misses the opportunity to inform the "Browsee" exactly how/where
to go to obtain copies of the info they've just read about.

We already have "online shopping" on the LRRSA site,

so this does not appear to be too large a link to make.

(If any of the issues are not available thru the shop,
either being "out-of-print-run",
or "not PDF'd yet",
here's an opportunity to "focus" the energies on getting the "most
requested" issues up and in the online shop...)

Just a thought,

Happy Researching,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@...>
wrote:

Hello John,

No there isn't. To be honest I did not even look at the "from"
date,
only the "to" date.

In the case of Queensland it starts from issue 52 and there might
not
be anything before then.

In the case of New South Wales it starts from issue 63, and again
there might not be anything before then.

In the case of Victoria it starts from issue 99, with a separate
listing of "Significant articles" before 99, but even that only
goes
back to issue 42. There will be a lot of Victorian material that is
not listed.

In the case of Tasmania it goes back to issue 27, and there might
not
be anything before then.

In the case of WA it is listed in a different form, and seems to
only
relate to major articles, and goes back to issue 33.

Doing Victoria thoroughly could be a daunting task, but if we had
enough volunteers we could allot manageable chunks, I think.

At 10:29 AM 30/09/2007, you wrote:

Frank,

Is there any reason why these bibliographies cannot be extended
back
towards issue 1?

John

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:56:48 -0000, "Frank Stamford"
<<mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>frank.stamford@...> wrote:

I have been looking at the Timber Tramway pages on the LRRSA
website
(<http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_TT.htm>http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_TT
.htm) with a view to updating their
presentation.
<snip>
1. Queensland
<http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbibliq.htm>http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbib
liq.htm is a list of "Items on Queensland
Timber Tramways published in Light Railways Nos 52 to 133".

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 134 to 197.
etc...

John Dennis <mailto:jdennis%40optusnet.com.au>jdennis@...
Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
Dutton Bay URL:
<http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay>http://members.optusnet.com
.au/duttonbay
WebX