Re: LRRSA Web Site - Timmber tramways - seeking volunteers

Frank Stamford

Hello John,

No there isn't. To be honest I did not even look at the "from" date, only the "to" date.

In the case of Queensland it starts from issue 52 and there might not be anything before then.

In the case of New South Wales it starts from issue 63, and again there might not be anything before then.

In the case of Victoria it starts from issue 99, with a separate listing of "Significant articles" before 99, but even that only goes back to issue 42. There will be a lot of Victorian material that is not listed.

In the case of Tasmania it goes back to issue 27, and there might not be anything before then.

In the case of WA it is listed in a different form, and seems to only relate to major articles, and goes back to issue 33.

Doing Victoria thoroughly could be a daunting task, but if we had enough volunteers we could allot manageable chunks, I think.

At 10:29 AM 30/09/2007, you wrote:

Frank,

Is there any reason why these bibliographies cannot be extended back
towards issue 1?

John

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:56:48 -0000, "Frank Stamford"
<<mailto:frank.stamford%40bigpond.com>frank.stamford@bigpond.com> wrote:

I have been looking at the Timber Tramway pages on the LRRSA website
(<http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_TT.htm>http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_TT
.htm) with a view to updating their
presentation.
<snip>
1. Queensland

<http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbibliq.htm>http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbib
liq.htm is a list of "Items on Queensland
Timber Tramways published in Light Railways Nos 52 to 133".

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 134 to 197.
etc...

John Dennis <mailto:jdennis%40optusnet.com.au>jdennis@optusnet.com.au
Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
Dutton Bay URL: <http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay>http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
WebX <http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html>http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html