From: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au] On Behalf
Of Frank Stamford
Sent: Sunday, 30 September 2007 9:57 AM
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: [LRRSA] LRRSA Web Site - Timmber tramways - seeking volunteers

I have been looking at the Timber Tramway pages on the LRRSA website
(http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_TT.htm) with a view to updating their
presentation.

They mainly consist of Select Bibliographies which have not been
updated for some years. I am wondering if there are any people on this
list who would like to do the updating. To keep it manageable you
could select just one state if you wish.

In each case it involves looking through isuues of "Light Railways"
magazine for articles, and items in the "Research" and "Letters" section.

The work involved is as follows:

And, as long as you have access to the appropriate issues of "LR", you
can be in any part of the world to do this.

1. Queensland

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbibliq.htm is a list of "Items on Queensland
Timber Tramways published in Light Railways Nos 52 to 133".

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 134 to 197.

2. New South Wales

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbiblin.htm is a list of "Items on New South
Wales Timber Tramways published in Light Railways Nos 63 to 150".

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 151 to 197.

3. Victoria

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LrBiblio.htm is a list of "Items on Victorian
Timber Tramways published in Light Railways Nos 99 to 133."

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 134 to 197.

4. Tasmania

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrbiblit.htm is a list of "Items on Tasmanian
Timber Tramways published in Light Railways Nos 27 to 166".

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 167 to 197.

5. South Australia

So far there no evidence of timber tramways in South Australia has
surfaced, so there is no South Australian list !!!

6. Western Australia

http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Bibliw.htm is a select bibliography of
material relating to timber tramways in Western Australia.

It needs to be updated for items published in LR from 135 to 197 and
ideally should be in the same format as the other state lists.

The format needed is very simple - a Microsoft Word table in four
columns headed "Description of Article", "Article Name", "Author", and
"Publication No. and Page No."