Re: Book pricing - was Re: Ontario, Canada - 3 ft 6 in gauge - new book ...

espee8800 <espee8800@...>

What you are forecasting Eddie will probably lead to the expansion of the e-book or e-magazine where the research and production remain but the actual printing is up to the purchaser/downloader.

David.

Eddie Oliver wrote:

Again, no, I'm not - I just won't buy them. And unfortunately as long as some people will pay these prices, market forces will not be sufficient to bring the prices down at all points of the production chain, and the markets will just progressively diminish to a regrettably small group with lots of money (or at least they will have needed lots of money before they buy even if they don't still have it afterwards). Since younger people will typically not have such money and/or will have other priorities, it will ultimately kill the whole field of endeavour.