Re: Question for cane bin modellers!

loggingloco1 <techsupport@...>

Dear Ron, Brad,

So 8 tonners are basically 2 X 4 tonners on a common frame, still on
single axles?

I hope the axle bearings were upgraded to take the extra weight.

Why not bogies under such "double length cars"?
(I know I'm partial to bogie vehicles, rather than 4 wheelers).

Brad, looks like "weathered galvanisd steel" is your best color
choice ;-)

Happy Modelling,
and Researching,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Ron & Hilary Martin" <ronhil@i...>
wrote:

Brad

I've just posted pictures of modern 4 tonne and 8 tonne varieties,
photographed in FNQ (South Johnstone?) in 2003. These are in Photo
Album
Ron's Bits & Pieces'

Ron M.