Re: LRRSA Maribyrnong munitions visit

Iain

Phil,

It is a sad outcome for an important site. As you might remember I spent time there mapping the physical evidence and well as collecting archive material which the NAA seemed at a loss about what to do with. Few people seemed to appreciate the technical achievements made at the place which gave Australia a seat at the table when the UK developed guided missiles as we could supply extruded propellent to their specs.

There were some cordite trucks stored in a shed on site when I was surveying the area 10 years ago.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North, 2134