Re: Davenport Locos - Issue 277 - Letters

rthorne475

Bruce,

You now know what 2118 is.  I've not looked at the link, but if it doesn't say, the loco is now a static exhibit on the Pichi Richi Railway.

1618 was a 0-4-0ST with the Australian Gas Light Co., Mortlake Gasworks, Sydney.

Richard Horne

On Saturday, 6 February 2021, 03:27:06 GMT, bjr2105 <brucerankin@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve just been reading the letters in the latest LRRSA magazine, specifically that from Dr Gregory Oehm on page 41.

In his very interesting letter, he notes the number on 1513 and then mentions 1595 and 1596.

On the complete listing of Davenport locomotives, which I have just been through, there are a total of 5 locos that came from Davenports to Australia, these being listed below from the information in their builders list.

Shop No

Size

Type

Gauge

Date

Name

Location

1513

1595

1596

1618

2118

10x14

10x14

10x14

6x10

E-20

0-4-0

0-4-0

0-4-0

0-4-0

8W-2TR-G

24”

24”

24”

36”

42”

11/14

5/17

5/17

6/17

12/27

Frank R. Perrot

Frank R. Perrot

Frank R. Perrot

Frank R. Perrot

Broken Hill Proprietary Co.

Sydney, NSW

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Melbourne, Australia

Shop No 1618 is also listed as coming to Sydney and Shop No 2118 to BHP.

Anyone have details on where these two ended up working?

Cheers,

Bruce Rankin