From: Greg Stephenson <LRRSA@groups.io>
Date: Thursday, 24 December 2020
Subject: [LRRSA] Scarborough, Queensland
To: LRRSA <LRRSA@groups.io>

G’day all
It’s Christmas Eve and I remember that growing up at Redcliffe in Queensland in the 1960’s and 1970’s that as a child we’d always go the Funfair at Scarborough on Christmas Eve to wear us out to make us sleep! It was located opposite the foreshore camping area where various uncles, aunts and cousins would spend the summer holidays.
As well as mini golf and air pistols, I recall a train ride on a circular track. From memory the locomotive was petrol powered given the noise it made! At a guess it was probably 12” to 15” gauge. 🤔 Apart from knowing it existed I have no other knowledge and don’t recall ever riding the train. I seem to recall the whole place was operated by the Catholic Parish for the benefit of De La Salle College.
The site was redeveloped into a unit block.
I wondered if anybody might have an ideas on the venture and train.

There was also another amusement train ride at Redcliffe on the foreshore at the end of ANZAC Ave. But I recall this being a circular track of smaller diameter.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

Greg Stephenson
Brisbane, Australia