Re: White Island Volcano New Zealand

Bob Backway

Just been through the many images I took in 2013. Some have rail lying around. There's an image of rail used to edge a contemporary walkway along what was once a loading ramp. A very rusty length of what may be Barlow rail and a axle - diff set of about 3' guage with hard rubber tyres on about 2' diameter solid wheels. However no remaining track in situ - not unexpected in view of the volcanic activity that closed the mine!

It is of concern to me that there is no cross posting of threads between the Facebook group and the Groups.io list. Not good for a reputable research organisation to split its members!

Bob Backway, Belgrave Hts, Victoria, Australia
Commodore, Lake Eyre Yacht Club   LakeEyreYC.com