Re: Sand Dune Park Update

Bob Shanman

PS to my previous post.  We live 4 blocks from Sand Dune.
Bob Shanman
Manhattan Beach

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:59 PM Bob Shanman <wildbirdbob@...> wrote:
.  In the 24  years (today) that I have owned the Wild Birds Unlimied store, and have been feeding the birds, this is the deadest I start to fall I can remember.  Birds in the yard have been very sporadic.  Several weeks ago, we had DEJU, CASJ,HOFI, MODO, ALHU, ANHU, and HOSP all in the yard.  Yesterday, 9/8, I was home all day, working in the yard,and inthe house.  I saw one ALHU in the yard.  No crows, no gull flyovers, no calling or singing.  Very strange given the amount of food I have out in the yard.
Bob Shanman
Manhattan Beach

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:05 PM condor262001 via Groups.Io <condor262001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been checking Sand Dune Park over the past week at my lunchtime.
The all-you-can-eat fennel area was birdless. At this time last year it was full of migrants.
The only interesting bird to me was an Olive-sided Flycatcher on top of the Silk Oak and probably the same bird
on top of another dead branch on the upper level.

Jim Hecht
Hermosa Beach CA

--
Bob Shanman