KW Electronics Radio Equipment KW-Radios@groups.ioThis group is for those interested in radio equipment made by KW Electronics Ltd. of Dartford, Kent, England. In the 1960's KW were a big player in the amateur radio market and produced a wide variety of transmitters, receivers, transceivers and ancillary equipment, mostly using valves (tubes). They also made commercial and military equipment. After the company was acquired by Decca, they continued to produce amateur equipment for a few more years but under the Decca name. The main purpose of this group is to provide a point of contact for KW equipment owners and restorers and to allow information to be exchanged on technical data, repairs, sales, auctions and wants, etc. The group is open to anyone, regardless of whether they own KW gear or not. Equipment and Company histories or anecdotes are welcome. Discussions are not limited to KW equipment only and we welcome similar topics like AM operation, other makers vintage equipment, homebrew gear and personal radio histories, etc.
Postings are not moderated but upon joining the group please post a short statement of your interest in the group.
Also, if you hold an amateur radio licence, please give your callsign.
Current Photo: Typical KW advertisement, from the front cover of Shortwave Magazine
The KW-Radios Files Collection is now hosted off-site, see:-
- 485 Members
- 4,758 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.