KARSNEWS KARSNEWS@groups.ioThis Group is an Interactive Newsletter for the Kendall Amateur Radio Society and is a supplement to our regular newsletter and web page.
We welcome you to the Kendall Amateur Radio Society (KARS). We were formed as a club in October 1980. Our club offers a variety of ham radio activities and fellowship for amateur radio operators in Boerne, Texas and the surrounding hill country area.
Our meeting location is in the Emergency Management Services (EMS) Building Training Room, 1175 N. Main Street, Boerne, Texas 78006. Our meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month (except December when we have our annual Holiday Dinner Party) and convene at 7:00pm. Please park in the South end parking area and enter through the door at the Southeast corner of the building. We have frequent programs on a wide variety of amateur radio subjects including equipment, software, operating techniques, new technology, contesting, chasing DX, and antennas for the HF, 50Mhz, VHF and above bands. We offer license exams with our VE program for new hams and those upgrading.
Both experienced and new hams will find a home with us; we welcome your participation in KARS.
P.O. Box 1732
Boerne, Texas 78006
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
- Topics are automatically closed after 120 days.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #CAL-Reminder 261 topics
- #CAL-Notice 51 topics
- #Events Club event announcements 20 topics
- #BandOpen 14 topics
- #CAL-Invite 13 topics
- #Antennas 12 topics
- #Nets Nets schedule for club repeaters 12 topics
- #Repeaters 11 topics
- #Emcomm Emergency communications 8 topics
- #KARSNEWS Current issue of newsletter 7 topics