Topics

SK report

Robert

I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

rugerman4572

Edited

I will miss KC3"Just Bein Silly" and the stories he loved telling. He also got a kick out of my sense of humor and it was fun to make him laugh.

jpc2

I'm very sorry and saddened by the passing of a remarkable Skyview member. Bob was not with us nearly long enough but I will remember his enthusiasm for all things ham. Always had a smile on his face and had a good heart.  Viya con Dios, my friend!

Pat Cancro
NK3P

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 07:33 AM, K3MJW@groups.io wrote:

I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

AJ3O

My condolences to his family. I am sorry to hear about his passing.
His stories of growing up and moving around and work will be missed.
He definitely put his heart into his family, friends, the club and his hobby!

KC3JBS, 73 de AJ3O

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 08:28:40 AM EDT, jpc2 <jpc2@...> wrote:

I'm very sorry and saddened by the passing of a remarkable Skyview member. Bob was not with us nearly long enough but I will remember his enthusiasm for all things ham. Always had a smile on his face and had a good heart.  Viya con Dios, my friend!

Pat Cancro
NK3P

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 07:33 AM, K3MJW@groups.io wrote:

I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

Bob W

Definitely a good guy and good ham... He will be missed.....de AG3U and the VE Team...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

[...]

Don stewart

I've already been missing Bob.?? It was great to see someone with so much enthusiasm for ham radio, and life in general.?? Bob attended the University of Pennsylvania in the late 60s, and after graduation worked in the Phila. area.?? During that time I was also living in the Philadelphia area.?? It turns out we had attended some of the same concerts, and went to some of the same music venues at that time.?? It was always a pleasure to reminisce with Bob about those days.?? He was also a big fan of the Firesign Theater comedy troupe, which showed his good sense of humor.?? Along with our other members, my thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family in this sad time of need.??

Don WA3HGW

On 9/18/2019 7:33 AM, Robert wrote:
I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.??

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

Jack Stoner

I only knew Bob for a short while and I will always remember his passion when we talked together....... he is missed.

Jack K3JAS

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 09:31:04 AM EDT, Bob W via Groups.Io <ag3u_ham@...> wrote:

[...]

Fred Matthews

Condolences to his family and friends, he was an interesting guy who loved the hobby, a gentleman, my wife and I met him at the club, prayers to all, life is shorter than we know, embrace it
KC3AY
FRED

On Sep 18, 2019, at 9:51 AM, Jack Stoner via Groups.Io <k3jas@...> wrote:

[...]

cltoby600

We are going to miss you Bob. You jumped into ham radio with both feet and got involved in many aspects of the hobby. You will be missed by the local hams but also by the hams from the different nets you were involved in. Bob was an active ham and a Net Control Operator on the Graveyard Net on 80 meter. 73 good friend.

K3CLT
Chuck Tobias

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 07:33:31 AM EDT, Robert <radiofreebob@...> wrote:

I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

Richard Jones

Bob was a super nice guy and always good for a story and a chat. RIP

Richard_._,_._,_

Daniel Walter

Yes, Bob was enthusiastic! And he always had great stories to tell. I joined Skyview shortly after JBS and really enjoyed his company. He spent a couple of hamfests entertaining my wife with great stories as well. He has been missed at the club and in the morning 64 round table discussions.

God speed es 73, Bob

Dan

Sent from here. NM3A

On Sep 18, 2019, at 12:24, Fred Matthews <fredm1@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Painter

Rest In Peace OM. 73

KQ3S

On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Daniel Walter via Groups.Io <nm3a@...> wrote:

[...]

Reamon Linnabary

Never heard anyone talk more than Bob, other than my grandma, and actually have something to say.  Great guy!  Always held his wife in high regards and was always willing to help someone out.  Rest In Peace Bob!!  73’s

Ray KC3JSF

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:33 AM Robert <radiofreebob@...> wrote:
I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

Joel LeFevre

So grateful that I could attend the one Elmer session that he led a few months ago. What a good man we were privileged to know! Rest in Peace, dear friend & colleague. You will be long remembered and sorely missed.

-Joel, KC3MIQ

On 9/18/2019 7:33 AM, Robert wrote:
I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

Joseph Birsa

Bob was a great guy, a great ham and an asset to Skyview.  He will certainly be missed

My condolences to his family

N3TTE

Joseph J. Birsa

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 6:41:19 PM EDT, Reamon Linnabary <linnabary1@...> wrote:

Never heard anyone talk more than Bob, other than my grandma, and actually have something to say.  Great guy!  Always held his wife in high regards and was always willing to help someone out.  Rest In Peace Bob!!  73’s

Ray KC3JSF

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 7:33 AM Robert <radiofreebob@...> wrote:
I am very sorry to report the passing of Bob, KC3JBS. Bob had two bad strokes and was in a very bad way for months. He was a ham for only a short time but embraced the hobby to the fullest. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will be missed.

73 OM
Bob, WC3O

Curt M.

Sorry to hear about Bob.

At one time I remember talking to him while he was using that Kenwood TH-D74 in the mobile with a hand mic and he sounded like a million bucks.  I thought he had a full mobile install in there!

As people have already mentioned, he was very enthusiastic and we should all have that same excitement for the hobby that Bob did while he was with us.

Curt
WU3U

w3buw@...

I will also miss out friend "CB" Bob. When he first joined he would frequently enlighten us with his early radio days stories about his CB days and his friend from back east also into radio. He quickly became adept at amateur radio and "one of us guys"!  Your enthusiasm and promotion of amateur radio always appreciated! My best regards and sympathies to Bob's family.

May your brass key aways be polished & speedy, your modulation 100%, and your SWR as low as it will ever go. Rest In Peace my friend. I'll raise a glass of fine wine in your honor!

Best regards and may the universe be your playground!

Bill Samek   W3BUW  -"Boats"