Topics

Monday report

Robert

Hey babe

Any good radio play this weekend? Any good DX? I’m still trying to whack TX7T. Bad timing. Too much noise here at my house to hear him. Dag

CW practice Monday night at 8:15pm on the 64.

Breeze Shooters net Monday night at 9:00pm on 28.480

Solder smoke up the joint this Tuesday. GPS clock night X2. CU there. If you’re not in the GPS clock gang, it’s hang out play radio night.

Next Skyview VE session is next Saturday the 16th at 8:15am. Breakies at E&P at 6:45am.

My wife was reading that someone broke into David’s Diner! They were closed at the time, nothing was stolen and no one got hurt. Dag

Elmer night this month will be Al, N2MA and his wife’s trip to Italy and visiting with the Begali factory. Also including will be picks of the inky-dinky new CNC machine they recently bought. That’s the 26th of this month. CU there.

Well, fall is pretty well behind us and winter awaits. Time to think about winter radio activities! I would like to believe that we are on the up-swing side of that 11 year sun spot cycle and there will be more signals to be heard, and worked. If you’re into freezing your butt off, I believe there is a plan afoot to do Winter Field Day from up the joint.  Maybe another Tech class? More solder smoke? What say there fuzzy britches? (Shawshank Redemption)

Soon membership renewals and forms for the fabled Skyview banquet will be going out in the mail. We hope you’ll consider re-uping AND coming to the banquet!

Jody needs articles for the next Skyview Q5er. We all know YOU have something to say, something to add, something to offer. Type it out and send it off to Jody, K3JZD at his arrl address (arrl.net). We’d love to hear from you and help make the Q5er the best it can be. We can’t do it without you.

NWS tour Sunday, November 24th

ARES get together at the Steel City ARC on Wednesday, December 4th.

ARES holiday party Saturday, December 7th at 7:00pm.

Train trip update:
This is a real bugger. We have been looking in to a number of options including taking the train, getting off early and renting cars for the rest of the trip. Leave the rentals in CT and taking the train home on Saturday, seeins as the stupid train runs on Saturday, but not during the week. Early stops include getting off in NJ, short of NYC, or New Haven CT after NYC. Both options have issues with timing, obtaining rental cars, possible lodging in New Haven and so on. Also looking at snagging a commuter train from NYC to Hartford. I’m also considering the possibility of just driving the whole way. This would make sense, but I was REALLY looking forward to the train ride! Damn you Amtrak! Still working on it. Stay tuned.

That’s all I gots
Cooky

Jody - K3JZD

Well maybe a little fame and glory from working the Straight Key Century Club (SKCC) Weekend Sprintathon.

I did not want to interfere with the RTTY contest, so I ran QRPp to stay out of their way :-)

According to the Preliminary Results, that actually ended up working better than I had expected.

QRPp - 1W or less

Rank Callsign Name SKCC # SPC QSO's SPC's S/T/C Bonus Score
1 K3JZD Jody 13330S PA 43 17 12/19/0 800 1,901
2 KB5JO CURT 2027S TX 4 4 2/2/0 125 191
3 WB3GCK Craig 15052S PA 10 7 1/4/0 0 125

73,
Jody - K3JZD

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:21 PM, Robert wrote:

Hey babe

Any good radio play this weekend? Any good DX? I’m still trying to whack TX7T. Bad timing. Too much noise here at my house to hear him. Dag

Rich Ryba/WQ3Q

Wow!  You blew the competition away! Nice work Jody.
-Rich/WQ3Q

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM Jody - K3JZD <k3jzd.jody@...> wrote:
Well maybe a little fame and glory from working the Straight Key Century Club (SKCC) Weekend Sprintathon.

I did not want to interfere with the RTTY contest, so I ran QRPp to stay out of their way :-)

According to the Preliminary Results, that actually ended up working better than I had expected.

QRPp - 1W or less

Rank Callsign Name SKCC # SPC QSO's SPC's S/T/C Bonus Score
1 K3JZD Jody 13330S PA 43 17 12/19/0 800 1,901
2 KB5JO CURT 2027S TX 4 4 2/2/0 125 191
3 WB3GCK Craig 15052S PA 10 7 1/4/0 0 125

73,
Jody - K3JZD

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:21 PM, Robert wrote:

Hey babe

Any good radio play this weekend? Any good DX? I’m still trying to whack TX7T. Bad timing. Too much noise here at my house to hear him. Dag

Daniel Walter

Great job, Jody!

Dan

Sent from here. NM3A

On Nov 11, 2019, at 11:32, Rich Ryba/WQ3Q <rybar1949@...> wrote:

[...]

Marty Newingham

Way to Go Jody! Congrats! 🎊🎈🎉
Marty - AG3I

--

Marty Newingham

marty.newingham@...

.

Joel LeFevre

CW is alive and well at Skyview, where greatness reigns!

Fantastic job, Jody!!!  You've earned the fame and glory.  :-)

Joel, KC3MIQ

On 11/11/2019 10:59 AM, Jody - K3JZD wrote:
Well maybe a little fame and glory from working the Straight Key Century Club (SKCC) Weekend Sprintathon.

I did not want to interfere with the RTTY contest, so I ran QRPp to stay out of their way :-)

According to the Preliminary Results, that actually ended up working better than I had expected.

QRPp - 1W or less

Rank Callsign Name SKCC # SPC QSO's SPC's S/T/C Bonus Score
1 K3JZD Jody 13330S PA 43 17 12/19/0 800 1,901
2 KB5JO CURT 2027S TX 4 4 2/2/0 125 191
3 WB3GCK Craig 15052S PA 10 7 1/4/0 0 125

73,
Jody - K3JZD

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:21 PM, Robert wrote:

Hey babe

Any good radio play this weekend? Any good DX? I’m still trying to whack TX7T. Bad timing. Too much noise here at my house to hear him. Dag

Jack Stoner <k3jas@...>

Jody,

That is fantastic!!  Congratulations and well deserved.

Jack K3JAS

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 11:51:10 AM EST, Joel LeFevre <jtl@...> wrote:

[...]

AJ3O

Way to go Jody!!!

I believe that our club, while in its self is a contest worthy club, a LOT of our members kick butt on their own from their personal shacks.

It really makes you feel warm and fuzzy thinking about it. <<< Something they used to say in the Jaycees a lot. Although the warm and fuzzy part usually kicked into high gear when preluded by some beverages in the 750ml bottles.

Oh, I digress, good job OM!

73,
Joe / AJ3O