Topics

KC3JBS SK obituary

Tom

Robert John Buchwald, 68, of Buffalo Township, passed away, Monday, September 16, 2019 at the Good Samaritan Hospice Unit at Concordia, Cabot.  He was born December 6, 1950, in Tonawanda, New York to the late Frederick and Marguerite Caggiano Buchwald.  Robert attended the University of Pennsylvania.  He retired after 30 years of service as a Maintenance Engineering Analyst from the United States Postal Service, Eastern Area office.  Robert loved his country, enjoyed life and had a passion to help others.  His hobbies included keeping up with current events, listening to music, swing dancing and being in nature.  Robert was also a techno junkie, ham radio operator (KC3JBS) and an active member of Skyview Radio Society.  He is survived by his wife of 10 years, whom he married on February 20, 2009, Leslie J. Buchwald (Kern);  children, Sarah Buchwald, of Cranberry Township and Matthew (Amy) Buchwald, of Buffalo Township; granddaughter, Nadia Buchwald; stepson, Nathaniel Kern, of Pittsburgh; brother, Donald Buchwald, of California; and by his two cats, Muffy and Charley.  In addition to his parents, Robert was preceded in death by his brother, Frederick Buchwald Jr.

Friends will be received on Friday from 5-8 PM in the Cicholski-Zidek Funeral Home, Inc. 1522 Carlisle St. Natrona Heights 724-224-8688.  Mass of Christian Burial will be held onSaturday at 9:30 AM in St. Joseph R.C. Church, Cabot with the Rev. Jim Kurtz as celebrant. Everyone is asked to please meet at the church.  Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery, Freeport.  To send an online condolence please visit www.cicholski-zidekfh.com.

W3PRL Shack America

I know one thing, Bob (KC3JBS) was a ham's ham.....I remember hearing Bob always laughing on the radio and up the joint sometimes couldn't get a word in edgewise - but that's a sign of a good ham, someone that loves to talk.

Ham guys and gals are out extended families so his passing really has an effect on me - but am so appreciative of the time I got to know him and qso on the radio.

73 OM
God Bless your family n friends.

W3PRL,
Shack America