Topics

Jamboree on the Air - Radio Merit Badge - October 19

Robert Bereit

The 62nd annual Jamboree on the Air takes place on the third weekend of January.  In 2017 over 1.5 million scouts and scouters around the world participated in this event.

As we have in recent years, Skyview will host an open house for all scouts (Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Royal Rangers, etc.) on the Saturday of the JOTA weekend.  We will also hold a radio merit badge class for the first 25 scouts who register. Details on our planned activities can be found in the attached flyer.  That document can also be found in the files section of our K3MJW groups.io reflector.  Please use the flyer to spread the word about this activity and invite the scouts you know to attend.

A number of you have already spoken with me about helping with this years JOTA, but I can still use a few more folks.  Be reminded, however, that because youth will be present for this event all helping adults must have received PA State Police, and DHS Background clearances, and either an affidavit of residency (10 years or more in PA) or FBI fingerprint checks.  These requirements are per Pennsylvania law for any adults who work with youth, in any capacity.  If you wish to help with JOTA and need to get the background clearances, please speak with me.

Thanks for your help.

- Bob Bereit, K3RMB