Topics

ARRL trip

Robert

Well then

Doing some research on the ARRL train trip in March of 2020. The first time we did this we stayed at a Holiday Inn in Hartford, right across from the train station – Walking distance. The last time we did this we stayed at a Four Seasons in Meriden, CT because the Holiday Inn price was WAY high. The gal (Gilda) at the Four Seasons went above and beyond, doing a great job in accommodating our needs including getting us back and fourth from the train station in Meriden and rental cars. Well, Gilda no longer works there and I wasn’t impressed with the current staff.

I put together an arrangement with The Capitol Hotel in Hartford.

https://www.capitolhartford.com/

This is actually the old Holiday Inn that we stayed at originally. The price is comparable with other hotels in the area. It’s not the cheapest, but it is very convenient. The price for a single is $105. The price for a double is $133, I think.

There are nice restaurants in the area. (I have my eye on Black Eyed Sally’s)

http://www.blackeyedsallys.com/

We would be staying for two nights. Train there on Thursday. ARRL on Friday. Train home on Saturday.

I’ll continue looking at rental car companies in the area and what they can do about pick-up and drop-off.

Again, I’ll put together a WORD doc with everything you need to know, and a couple of things you don’t.

WC3O/W1AW

Joseph Birsa

When I rented cars for work travel, Enterprise was the best by far.

N3TTE

Joseph J. Birsa