Topics

Monday report

Robert

Hey kids

Any good radio play this weekend? Anyone play in the NAQP phone? Take the drive out to DXE? I do know of one who did.

CW practice and Breeze Shooters net tonight at 8:15 and 9:00pm. CW on the 64 and Breeze Shooters on 28.480.

Hang out play radio this Tuesday up the joint.

I think Jack, K3JAS has an elmer night for us next week talking about a way-cool FT-8 QRP kit.

Plans are underway for Winter Field Day this weekend. It’s all cool…

Amazing Skyview banquet and…. On Saturday the 25th. You comin?

The new (to us) computers for the radio room have arrived and are in the process of being set up to replace our aging units. The new computers sport an i5 processor, 500 gig SSD drive, 16 gig of RAM, amply room for COM ports, as well as an entire gaggle of USB ports. They will be in place before too long. We have all the WINDOWS updates done and a program package that will be installed when the time is right. There are few things that need done yet, but we be close. These will replace all the computers in the radio room including the EMCOMM computer. They are quick like a bunny.

Lots of other good stuff going on

Ciao

Cooky

Mike Furfari

Will an I5 processor handle the load of 45.45 baud RTTY?

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020, 12:35 PM Robert <radiofreebob@...> wrote:

[...]

colin humphries

If not I'm sure there are some Intel Celeron processors that will 😁

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020, 14:13 Mike Furfari <k3fh.ham@...> wrote:
[...]

We're planning on hot gluing an old 8086 processor to the top of the i5 just to back it up. You can never be too careful.

Cooky

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 2:13 PM Mike Furfari <k3fh.ham@...> wrote:
[...]

Dave Mueller AA3EE

Bob, you'll need either two or four 8086s to match the 32 or 64 bit I5s.
Dit Dit

--

Jim Painter

No no no, go with a Commodore 64.

Kq3s

[...]

Jody - K3JZD

I made a couple dozen SSB contacts in the NA QSO party just to see if my radio (and I) remembered how to do SSB.
Me and my radio did OK, but 20 meters was not at its best
Jody - K3JZD

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:35 PM, Robert wrote:

Hey kids

Any good radio play this weekend? Anyone play in the NAQP phone? Take the drive out to DXE? I do know of one who did.

Ciao

Cooky

NU3Q

NO NO NO

TRASH-80!!!!

[...]

Jim Kinter Jr.

My dad still has the old VIC20 down in Murrysville (up behind the Slop & Shave on 286)

:-)

At 02:43 PM 1/20/2020, Jim Painter via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

73
Jim Kinter, Jr. K5KTF
Cedar Park TX
Webmaster
        www.Broadband-Hamnet.org
        www.CTDXCC.org
        www.AustinSummerfest.org
Williamson County ARES #1545
        2010/11/15/16/17/18 Board Member/AEC Special Operations
Travis County ARES
        Member
ARRL
        Field Instructor/Field Examiner/VE Liaison
W5YI VE # 34031E
NWS Skywarn Spotter
Lone Star Spotter Network Member

Chuck

For those of you with Commodore gear...I know a collector!

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 5:02 PM Jim Kinter Jr. via Groups.Io <jim=k5ktf.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Daniel Walter

I'll be happy to sacrifice and give up my 80386 with genuine MS-DOS.

Dan

Sent from NM3A