Topics

2 Meter Rig available

Daniel Walter
 

K3STL sold me a non-working (I knew that) RS HTX-242 radio. It is a 45 /10 watt FM rig that I believe was a decent rig in its day.

The EEPROM chip was bad. I have replaced it and it is working just fine again. I don’t have any use for it, so it’s available. $30 takes it. Manual, mike and repair manual included.

Dan

Sent from NM3A

rugerman4572
 

I knew Dan would get that radio working again. For what Dan is asking... That is going to be one heck of a nice radio for someone :)

Harland Corbin
 

I'm interested, if it's still available.  Are you going to be up at the club on Tuesday?

Harley
KC3OCC

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:34 PM Daniel Walter via Groups.Io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
K3STL sold me a non-working (I knew that) RS HTX-242 radio. It is a 45 /10 watt FM rig that I believe was a decent rig in its day.

The EEPROM chip was bad. I have replaced it and it is working just fine again. I don’t have any use for it, so it’s available. $30 takes it. Manual, mike  and repair manual included.

Dan

Sent from NM3A



Daniel Walter
 

Yes, I’ll be there. I think it’s already spoken for though. 

Sent from here. NM3A

On Nov 9, 2019, at 13:50, Harland Corbin <harland.corbin@...> wrote:

I'm interested, if it's still available.  Are you going to be up at the club on Tuesday?

Harley
KC3OCC

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:34 PM Daniel Walter via Groups.Io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
K3STL sold me a non-working (I knew that) RS HTX-242 radio. It is a 45 /10 watt FM rig that I believe was a decent rig in its day.

The EEPROM chip was bad. I have replaced it and it is working just fine again. I don’t have any use for it, so it’s available. $30 takes it. Manual, mike  and repair manual included.

Dan

Sent from NM3A



Daniel Walter
 

Well..... not quite as I thought. Although my initial tests looked very promising, further tests have proven very disappointing. 

Positive: 
Radio turns on, tunes, saves memories, transmits a carrier on frequency, squelch works, receives on frequency. 

Negative:
1.No transmit audio- may be a microphone wiring issue- otherwise it’s a non starter. 
2.All display lights burned out- not an issue for base station use, but difficult for mobile use. Most important lamps are a part of LCD display and very difficult to replace. 
3. No transmit PL tones- probably biggest issue as most repeaters require its use. May be related to number 1 above. 

So at this point it is still not a useable radio for general use. May be useable as an FM monitor radio. 

Sorry for the false alarm. 

Dan

Sent from here. NM3A

On Nov 8, 2019, at 17:50, rugerman4572 via Groups.Io <k3stl1@...> wrote:

I knew Dan would get that radio working again. For what Dan is asking... That is going to be one heck of a nice radio for someone :)

colin humphries
 
Edited

Hey Dan, I uploaded to the files section the manual which has all the components and schematic for that radio. Thought it might help, just in case you didn't have it.
Colin K0LIN